Woman appointing another woman as her wakeel

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I’d like to know if a Muslim woman can appoint another sister as an agent (wakil)?


A: If it is marriage that you are talking about then she should consult her parents or one of her walis and guardians in this regard.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics: