Q: My husband gave me 1 talak (no talak given earlier). I am staying at my parents home since 5 months.
1. Can I perform iddat period in my parents home after being given 1 talaq given by husband?
2. During iddat period, if the husband comes for rujju and I dont want to go back again, can I reject the rujju offer from my husband?
3. Can I do 2nd marriage after the iddat period?
4. Is the iddat period compulsory after 1 talak?
1. The iddat should be spent at your husband’s place.
4. The husband has the right to make rujoo within the iddat period. If he does not make rujoo then the iddat will continue.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)