Conveying the reward of Hajj to the deceased

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: My father passed away long time before. He loved to do the Hajj but he couldn’t. As a son, can I do it for him? ( I finished my hajj before).


A: Yes, you may perform a nafil Hajj and convey the reward to your deceased father.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)