|I am 43 years old. I performed my hajj 6 years ago but this year I want to go for hajj again. Problem is now I have heart problem, diabetes and hypo thyroid problems so I think I can’t do tawafe ziarat. Will my hajj be complete without tawafe ziarat or is there any dum for it. Please advice of any alternative.
In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful.
Allah states in the Quran, “…Performance of Hajj (pilgrimage) to this House is a duty to Allah for all who can afford the journey to it…” (Surah Al Imran: V97)
Hajj is fardh upon a person only once in a lifetime. For a person to fully complete the Hajj there are three compulsory acts which must be done and for which there are no compensation. “The compulsory acts are Ihraam, stay in Arafaah and Tawaaf-e-Ziyarah.” (Durrul Mukhtar, Vol 2, P160)
The time to perform Tawaaf-e-Ziyarah is from the dawn of the tenth of Zil Hajj to the end of ones life. (If the person did not perform it before his death he will be sinful and he should make a will that a damm (penalty) is given) However if one performs it after the setting of the sun on the twelfth of Zil Hajj then it is disliked and damm (for the delay) becomes obligatory on him (Durrul Mukhtar, Vol 2, P198)
In conclusion if a person does not perform Tawaaf-e-Ziyarah then he does not fully come out of the ihram and sexual intercourse with the spouse remains unlawful. A damm will have to be given upon each intercourse with the wife until the person returns and performs the Tawaaf-e-Ziyarah. If the tawaf is completed after setting of the sun on the twelfth then a damm will need to be given for the delay. It is therefore advisable that if you cannot perform Tawaaf-e-Ziyarah at all even with assistance, then as you have already performed your obligatory Hajj once you do not go for Hajj as there is no compensation for missing Tawaaf-e-Ziyarah altogether.
And Allah knows best.
Darul Ifta Birminghams
To ill to perform Tawaf Ziyarah
This answer was collected from DarulIftaBirmingham.co.uk, which is run under the supervision of Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah from the United Kingdom.
Find more answers indexed from: DarulIftaBirmingham
- When a muslim woman with children remarries- to another muslim- is it haram for her to have contact with the father of her children/ex husband? Should the new husband be…
- I am still a single girl. Last night a saw a dream wherein i saw a few of my relatives asking me to show my mariiage clothes. This meant that i was getting married. I saw two ladies. 1 was my cousin with whom i am not very much attached and the other was her realtive. Here i want to inform you that last mont i had got engaged but that engagmnt was broken from boy’s side becoz a past relation of mine. That engagmnt remained for 15 days only. Here i want to say one thing regarding my previous relation. I had to break that relation becoz he was from a loe caste and my family did not agree to that relation. I could have fought for that but i thougt this relation will not get the respect it deserves. so i though it is best to back off. even after my engagmnt broke, this biy is still ready to marry me but i am not ready to make any efforts becoz of the same reason. Please suggest what i should do. and suggest regarding the dream i saw.
- My question is that if a person is alone and he comes out of bathroom in towel after taking bath and enters in room and locks the room. No one is there in the room then he takes out his towel and is completely naked now then he starts putting on new clothes one by one. So is this the way of changing clothes allowed and is his wudhu and bath valid now. If not then what is the Islamic way of changing clothes.
- My late father didn’t make any will, now we have to distribute the assets among my mother, sister (married), younger brother and I (married). We have a home in Nagpur (Maharashtra) two-story building, total 8 rooms including kitchen estimated cost Rs 30, 00, 0 00. Currently no one lives there, but in future we might shift to Nagpur. Second in Pune (Maharashtra) two BHK estimated cost Rs 20, 00,000. We all settled in Pune due to brother and my job with mother, and a cash of Rs 7, 55,000. As my late father was a government servant my mother receiving a pension of Rs 16,000 pm. (Will pension also get distributed among all)?
- Not qualifying for admission into university
- Calling oneself “Al-Mahboob”
- After passing urine i take care of last few drops a lot. Clean and wipe the part with toliet paper. But when i come out i feel that some drops have come out. When I am at home I change the underwear and the pant. However, when I am at office I keep the tissue paper in the front so that it doesn’t impure the underwear and pant. Please tell me the better way so i can avoid the impurity. 1) Is it necessary to bath 2) Is it necessary to Wash the private part 3) Just change underwear and pant / remove the tissue paper after we feel that the drops have stopped Please let me know which of the above actions do I need to take so that my prayer will not be void?