Could you let me know Islamically if we are allowed to work for such an Organisation

Allah has blessed me with two opportunities within Investment and Insurance company. Both of the organisations do business in relation to Investment, Wealth Management, Insurance, Pensions and Mortgage provisioning. Both of these organisations are not Banks. Could you kindly let me know Islamically are we allowed to work for such a organisation, is the income earned Halal.

Also, if working for such organisation is permitted according to Shariah, how do I make up my mind in chosing which organisation should I accpet the offer. Your earliest solution would greately be appreciated. 

Answer

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh

Your question is unclear. Kindly explain your job profile in detail in order for us to issue a specific ruling. Will you directly be involved in interest bearing transactions? What is your involvement in the conventional products offered by the company? Which department will you be deployed?

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Ismail Desai,

Darul Iftaa

Checked and Approved,

Mufti Ebrahim Desai.