1. If a lady is on her menses throughout Ramadhan because of delivery of baby , is it compulsary for her to make up the missed fasts OR can she opt to give kaffara for all of missed Ramadhan fasts and if so what amount ?
2. For a baby boys aqeeqa, is it OK to sacrifice one sheep/goat locally and another animal elsewhere say in India, to distribute to relatives afar?
3. What ar e the rules for aqeeqa?
1. If she has the ability to fast, it is compulsory upon her to fast and it will not be possible to give Kaffaarah. Kaffaarah is only permissible where she is absolutely unable to fast.
2. This will also be regarded as permissible since normal Qurbaani can be done abroad.
3. According to the Hanafi Madhab, Aqeeqah is Sunnah 7 days after the child is born (just after shaving the head). 2 sheep / goats will be slaughtered on behalf of a boy and one on behalf of a girl. (Mirqaat pg.80; Ilmiyah)
and Allah Ta’ala Knows Best
Mufti Ebrahim Desai