Can you tell me what this dua means? allahummaghfirlee yaghafoor…How can I contact the shafi madrasa in south Africa besides emailing them?

allahummasalli ala sayyidina Muhammadin wa ala ali wa sibihi wassalim. Is it permissible to say sayyidina in the darud sharif according to the shafii madhab and why does the shafi madhab say a different darud sharif ? What madhab does shaikh Riyadh ul haq follow? How can I contact the shafi madrasa in south Africa besides emailing them? Do you have to call iqama when making salat by your self and should you recited fatiha and quran out loud when making salat by your self , Are the prayer times given by Islamic finder.com accurate and are prayer times from the internet accurate in general?

Answer

1. The meaning of the first Du’aa is, ?O Allah! Forgive me, Oh Thou who are Most Forgiving.?

2. The meaning of the Durood is, ?Allah shower your blessings and salutations on our Master Muhammad (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) and upon his family and his companions.?

3. It is correct to say Sayyidina.

4. Shaykh Abu Yusuf Riyaadh-ul-Haq of Birmingham, UK follows the Hanafi Madhab.

5. You may contact Shaykh Taha Karaan at [email protected] in South Africa (Tel: 0027-21-8560311 / Cell:0027-84-3588633)

6. It is Sunnah to make Iqaamah for Fardh Salaat even though one is performing the Salaat individually.

7. Those Salaats that are performed softly (Dhuhr, Asr) should be performed softly. For those Salaat which are performed loudly (Fajr, Maghrib, Esha), a Musallee will have a choice ? loudly or softly.

8. We have not seen the site. There are websites that provide accurate perpetual Salaat timetable.

and Allah Ta’al