Performing Salaah with an elbow injury

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by TheMufti.com

Q. Due to an elbow injury, I cannot raise my left hand properly when making Takbeer, when folding the hands after Takbeer and when keeping the hands straight in Sajdah. Does this affect the validity of my Salaah?

A. To raise the hands up to the ears when making Takbeer-e-Tahreemah (first Takbeer), to fold the hands below the navel and to place the palms of the hands between the face in Sajdah are all Sunnah Acts of Salaah. If it is omitted due to a valid excuse, one will not be sinful and it will not affect the validity of the Salaah. Therefore, in the enquired case, the performance of Salaah in such a condition will be valid. (Maraaqil Falaah 1/249)

Allah Ta’ala Knows Best

Mufti Ismaeel Bassa

This answer was collected from TheMufti.com, which is a fatwa portal managed by Mufti Ismaeel Bassa from South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from: TheMufti.com