My cousin is very brilliant student of religion. He has completed Madrassa education in small town Sylhet in Bangladesh. This madrassa is neither barelvi, deobandi nor ahl-e-hadeeth, but is a jamaat-e-islami madrassa, although many of the books studied are deobandi and ahl-e-hadeeth. Anyway, he has passed dhakil certificate from Bangladesh Madrassa Education board. he now has recieved scholarships to several religious educational intitutes, but he cannot decide where he should study and what institutes are reliable. Here is a list of institutes and details about them where he has a scholarship:
1) Darul Uloom Deoband (Deoband, India – Deobandi)
2) Darul Uloom Nadwatul Ulama (Lucknow, India – Deobandi)
3) Darul Uloom Karachi (Karachi, Pakistan – Deobandi)
4) Jamia Ashrafiya (Lahore, Pakistan – Unsure, I think it is deobandi)
5) Madina Islamic University (Madina, Saudi – Salafi/Wahhabi)
6) Jamiat Markaz Ahl-e-Hadeeth (Leicester, UK – Ahl-e-Hadeeth)
7) International Islamic University Pakistan (Islamabad, Pakistan – I don’t know the minhaj of this institute)
8) International Islamic University (Malaysia – Shafi Madhab, very modern institute)
9) Dhaka University, Faculty of Islamic Studies (Dhaka, Bangladesh – Neither Barelvi, Deobandi, Ahl-e-Hadeeth or JamaatiIslami, but heavy government influences)
Which of these are reliable places to study? Which do you recommend? He is reluctant to move to India or Pakistan, but he would like to study in UK, Malaysia or Saudi. Bearing this in mind, which scholarships do you recommend?
We recommend any one of the first four institutes.
Ours is also a Deobandi affiliate institute and your cousin is welcome to study at our institute.
and Allah Ta’ala Knows Best
Mufti Ebrahim Desai