Answer: It is permissible for a Hanafi to perform Eid Salaah behind a Shafi’ Imam. The fact that the Shafi’ Imam’s intention is of Sunnah and the Hanafi Muqtadi’s of Wajib, does not invalidate the Hanafi’s Salaah because the difference between the two Madhaahib is a difference of terminology and not of status. According to both Madhaahib, Eid Salaat is necessary. The difference is that the Shafi’ Madhab does not utilize the Wajib terminology whereas the Ahnaaf do.
Is it permissible for a Hanafi to perform Eid Salaah behind a Shafi’ Imam?
This Q&A was collected from the official web portal of Academy of Research in Islamic Jurisprudence (Arij) from Canada, which was headed by Mufti Ibrahim Kureshi and Mufti Zakariyya Panchbhaya. As the original website is no longer accessible, we have provided a source link of each answer to the archive copy from Way Back Machine.
- Can I Cancel a Service Agreement?
- Can a woman remove her niqab or hijab in front of her father in law?
- I want to go to my office just after the farz Friday salah. Can I offer all sunnat and nafl namaz before the Juma 2 rakaat farz?
- Can a non-Muslim work for and/or supply products/services to the Wakf? Thank You
- Beautifying one’s Salah due to onlookers is hidden shirk
- Website theme
- Charging for extra persons who attend a catered wedding