Ruling on 15 and 18 Degree Fajr and Isha Timings

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by ShariahBoard.org

Assalaamualaikum,

I understand that Shariah Board follows 18 Degrees Moon Calculations, but my local masjid (Hanafi) prays Fajr and Isha according to ISNA’s 15 Degrees. Especially Isha, which is prayed 20-25 minutes prior to the 18 Degrees calculations. Should I join them for the Isha salah? If yes, then will my prayer be valid? If no, then what other options do I have?

I’d really appreciate if you could support your answer with any relevant Ahadith or Fatwas.

JazakAllah Khair!

الجواب وباللہ التوفیق

You should pray ‘Ishaa Salaat with your friends with Jamaat according to 18 Degrees. In this respect, several answers have been given by the websites, please refer to them. The fatwa of the Darul Iftaa of the great religious teaching institution of Asia, Darul Uloom Deoband is also in accordance to the same, and the caution is also in following 18 Degrees.

واللہ اعلم بالصواب

This answer was collected from Shariahboard.org. It was established under the supervision of the eminent faqih of our era, Hazrat Shah Mufti Mohammed Navalur Rahman damat barakatuhum.

Find more answers indexed from: ShariahBoard.org