Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Jamia Binoria » Can asthmatically patient (suffers from difficulty in breathing) observe fasting?

Can asthmatically patient (suffers from difficulty in breathing) observe fasting?

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Jamia Binoria

Assalamu Alaikum
Can an Asthmatically patient (who suffers from difficulty in breathing) observe fasting? Such a patient uses inhaler and can he use it, if it is found necessary?

الجواب حامدا و مصلیا

Undoubtedly it is correct and permissible for such a person to observe Fasting . Using an inhaler invalidates the Fast and using due to helpless situation under compulsion will break Fast and there is no Kaffara for it but making Qadha is necessary.
Allah knows best.

This Q&A was indexed from the official english fatwa portal of Jamia Binoria. It is an Islamic educational institute in Karachi, Pakistan.

I bought shares in a listed company over a period of 7 years.  The shares were bought at various prices; some were at a higher price than the current share price, and some were bought at a lower price than the current share price. Some were bought with my own money, and some were bought with money borrowed on a 0% credit card. I recently discovered that the company is haram because it has no earnings, except from interest, and has large debt on which it pays interest. I understand that I must sell the shares, and any profit made has to be donated to charity. I need some advice on how to go about selling the shares, as the total value of my holding is less than what I paid/invested. Some shares are in profit, the majority are in a loss.  There are a few options available: 1)      Wait until the total value of the shares is equal to the  money I invested, and sell. This means that some share will be in profit,  and some will be at loss, but the profit cancels out the loss. 2)      Sell shares as each lot/tranche of shares reaches the price that I paid for them. Donate any excess to charity. This means that it may take  a long time to dispose of the shares, as the price will have to at least double. In fact, the price may never reach what I paid. Do I need to treat the shares purchased by borrowing money on credit card separately to the shares purchased using my own money. How should I deal with transaction costs? If it cost me £12 to buy 10 000 shares at 10p, and it costs me £12 to sell the shares, I have lost £24.