Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) was ordered to love four Sahabah (radiyallahu ‘anhum)

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by HadithAnswers.com

Question

What is the authenticity of this Hadith?

Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “Allah commanded me to love four people and informed me that he loves them; ‘Ali, Miqdad, Abu Dharr and Salman (radiyallahu ‘anhum)”

Answer

Imam Tirmidhi (rahimahullah) has recorded this Hadith and has declared it sound (hasanun gharib). The words are as follows:

Sayyiduna Buraydah (radiyallahu ‘anhu) reports that Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “Certainly Allah has commanded me to love four [people] and has informed me that He loves them.’ It was said: ‘O Messenger of Allah! Mention their names for us.’ He said: ‘Ali is among them,’ He repeated this thrice [and continued], and Abu Dharr, Miqdad [ibn ‘Amr] and Salman [Al Farisi]. He ordered me to love them, and He informed me that He loves them.’”

(Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 3718)

And Allah Ta’ala Knows best.

Answered by: Moulana Suhail Motala

Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar

This answer was collected from HadithAnswers.com. The answers were either answered or checked by Moulana Haroon Abasoomar (rahimahullah) who was a Shaykhul Hadith in South Africa, or by his son, Moulana Muhammad Abasoomer (hafizahullah), who is a Hadith specialist. 

Find more answers indexed from: HadithAnswers.com