HOT! How to control the jinn in Islam?

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Fatwaa.com

Assalamu alaikum. My name is Shamil, I am from Russia. I would like to ask you, is it possible to control a jinn in islam, without making kufr? If so, which verses from the quran will need to be read, or may need a magic artifact(s) (for example: https://m.bonanza.com/listings/antique-ring-4-djinns-2-males-king-and-2-queens-djinn-jinn-genie-demon-psychic/112260619 ) It’s really true? or is it just a myth? What is your opinion on this issue? Please answer my question if you know. Always available contact for communication  Thank you in advance.

P. S. I am very interested in this question.

Answer

Wa’alaykum as Salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Yes, Allah Ta’ala has given humans the ability of overpowering Jinn. Imam Bukhari (may Allah be pleased with him) narrates,

قال الإمام البخاري حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنَا رَوْحٌ، وَمُحَمَّدُ بْنُ جَعْفَرٍ، عَنْ شُعْبَةَ، عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ زِيَادٍ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ “‏ إِنَّ عِفْرِيتًا مِنَ الْجِنِّ تَفَلَّتَ عَلَىَّ الْبَارِحَةَ ـ أَوْ كَلِمَةً نَحْوَهَا ـ لِيَقْطَعَ عَلَىَّ الصَّلاَةَ، فَأَمْكَنَنِي اللَّهُ مِنْهُ، فَأَرَدْتُ أَنْ أَرْبِطَهُ إِلَى سَارِيَةٍ مِنْ سَوَارِي الْمَسْجِدِ، حَتَّى تُصْبِحُوا وَتَنْظُرُوا إِلَيْهِ كُلُّكُمْ، فَذَكَرْتُ قَوْلَ أَخِي سُلَيْمَانَ رَبِّ هَبْ لِي مُلْكًا لاَ يَنْبَغِي لأَحَدٍ مِنْ  بَعْدِي ‏”
قَالَ رَوْحٌ فَرَدَّهُ خَاسِئًا‏ (متفق عليه)

The Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) said, “Last night a big demon (Ifreet) from the Jinns came to me and wanted to interrupt my prayers (or said something similar) but Allah enabled me to overpower him. I wanted to fasten him to one of the pillars of the mosque so that all of you could See him in the morning but I remembered the statement of my brother Solomon (as stated in Quran): My Lord! Forgive me and bestow on me a kingdom such as shall not belong to anybody after me (Quran 38.35).” The sub narrator Rauh said, “He (the demon) was dismissed humiliated.” (Sahih al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim).

Whilst Allah blesses some of His special servants with the ability of capturing Jinn, the science of Ruqyaa and ‘Amaliyaat (learning how to overpower Jinn in the correct manner) is a special science which one needs to learn.

As for the link that you posted, we have no knowledge about it. We suggest you get into contact with a reliable ‘Amil/Raaqi, and they could advise you further.

And Allaah Ta’aala knows best

Wassalaam,

Ismail Moosa (Mufti)

This answer was collected from Fatwaa.com which is an excellent Q&A site managed by Mufti Ismail Moosa from South Africa. .

Find more answers indexed from: Fatwaa.com