Response to Ref-No#: 1013

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by


Thank you for the response.

Personally, I feel like telling the establishment about what I did is not an option and I’m afraid that my family and I could face repercussions and I’m afraid to do so.

Can I leave it?


Wa’alaykum as Salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

If there are valid grounds for you to believe that if you bring it to their notice, there will be severe repercussions, then you should just make Istighfaar.

Since they said that you do not have to return the money, you may keep the money. However , continuously ask Allah to forgive you for not utilising the funds correctly last year.

And Allaah Ta’aala knows best


Ismail Moosa (Mufti)

This answer was collected from which is an excellent Q&A site managed by Mufti Ismail Moosa from South Africa. .

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!