I would like to know some clarification about the mayyit:
1. To read the thana after the first takbeer, is it mention in hadith?
2. How the wudhu should be done for the mayyit? Is there khilal etc and it necssary to start with the wrist.
3. Washing the nose ,is it done with the left hand?
4. From which side the qabr must be close for man and woman. Head or leg side.
5. How to prepare the incens masala?
Wa Alaikum as Salaam,
1) Yes, reciting the Thana after the first Takbeer is evident in the Hadith. It is recording in a narration of Abu Dawood, Tirmizi and Ibn Majah that when the Prophet (SAS) began Salaah, he started by saying the Thana’,-Subhanaka Allahumma wa bihamdika…..(till the end).
2) The wudhu for the mayyit should be done in the same way as wudhu is normally performed, except that in the case of the mayyit one will not do gargling and wetting the nasal opening with water. Instead, one will wet a piece of cotton, pass it on the lips, teeth and gum and throw it away. This will be done three times. In the same way, one will clean the two openings of the nostril with another wet piece of cotton. However, if death has occurred in a state of Janabah (major ritual impurity) or a woman has died in a state of menses or nifas, then it is necessary to put water in the mouth and the nostrils. This water can then be absorbed with a piece of cloth. Khilal should be done and it is not necessary to start with the wrist.
3) The manner of cleaning the nose has been mentioned above, and is done with the left hand.
4) With respect to placing the body in the grave, one should place the body by the side of the grave in the direction of the Qiblah, in a way that the Qiblah should be on the right of the deceased. Then, those responsible for lowering the body of the deceased should stand facing the Qiblah, lift the deceased off carefully, and put the body in the grave.
After placing the deceased into the grave, it is mustahab to turn him with his right side facing the Qiblah.
5) The incense can be any sweet smelling incense. The platform on which the deceased will be washed should be smoked three times with the burning incense.
And Allah knows best,
Mufti Waseem Khan
This answer was collected from DarulUloomTT.net, which is operated under the supervision of Mufti Waseem Khan from Darul Uloom Trinidad and Tobago.