Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Darulifta-Deoband.com » What should I do in this situation?

What should I do in this situation?

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Darulifta-Deoband.com
I am 31 yrs old, I got married during 2002 , after child birth(Girl), my husband had an affair. Then I came to know, finally I came back to my mother house. Baby was attached to my inlaws, so I left her there. I didn’t go back to my inlaws. My husband was not in touch with me for four years. In fifth year, now, he is touch with me., He has taken a rented house & kept me secretly. But he will just come to meet for one hour to satisfy his needs and then he goes off to his mother house, I am lady, how can I stay alone in a house, nor he allows to take the baby, now she is 9 yrs old. Nor he gives house maintenance . So I am staying with my parents. Whenever he calls me to house, I have to go to meet his satisfaction & after that I need to come back to my parents house Nor he divorce me , nor he agrees for khula. He forced me to under go two abortion, becoz he does not want babies . After marriage , its difficult for a girl to stay in parents house. In these situations, I am so confused what I have to do.


(Fatwa: 1228/783/H=1432)

You would better solve the problem by the mediation of two or four influential and prudent persons into the matter. You should manage to live happy life with good conduct. However, if there is no way out and the husband neither gives talaq nor agrees for Khula as well as not ready to settle the matter, then you should file your case in the local Shariah Panchayat or Darul Qaza, and follow the decision that comes from there.

Allah (Subhana Wa Ta’ala) knows Best

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

This answer was collected from the official ifta website of Darul Uloom Deoband in India.

Read answers with similar topics: