Three Divorces and Remarriage

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I recently married and I falsely accused my wife of infidelity. I gave talaq (divorce) 3 times to her and she now wishes me to remarry her. What can I do? I made these statements based on jealousy and misjudgement.

A:You should repent and ask her for forgiveness because you falsely accused her. Because you gave her three talaaq your nikaah to her is completely broken. You now cannot marry her again unless she undergoes a process called halaalah, which means she has to sit in iddat. Thereafter she should marry another man and consummate the nikah with him. Thereafter he should divorce her and after her iddat you may marry her again. All this should not be preplanned.

Council of Ulama
Eastern Cape

This answer was collected from, which is operated under the supervision of Council of Ulama Eastern Cape, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest