Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Askmufti.co.za » Changing a Name

Changing a Name

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Askmufti.co.za

Q: If someone has to change a name how do they go about doing that?

A. If a name has to be changed, then just start calling the child by the new name. There is no formal way of doing it. The Adhaan, Aqeeqah, etc. does not have to be repeated.

Moulana Yusuf Laher
Checked by: Mufti Siraj Desai

This answer was collected from AskMufti.co.za, which is operated under the supervision of Mufti Siraj Desai of Darul-Uloom Abubakr, South Africa.

Read answers with similar topics: