Sisters claiming a share in a business

Q: Whilst my father in law was alive he had a property and business which he gave to his two sons legally. Then both brothers decided to spilt, so again legally my husband gave his brother his share and paid him out.

My father in law at that time told my husband that when he gathers enough money, he will give his seven daughters 3000 each. My father in law passed away last year. Now when giving them 3 000 the sisters are saying that they are entitled to a share in the business and property because their dad built it. Islamically are they?

A: It is right that their father built it but he had then given it to his sons. They do not have a share.