Answered by Ustadha Shaista Maqbool
Question: Assalam Alaikum
1) Is it preferred to avoid periods using pills available to perform Hajj?
2) If periods occur in Madina then what should be the way of worship? Can a woman enter the Nabawi Mosque in this state?
3)Is scent free Sunblock permissible?
Answer: Wa’alaikum assalaam warahmatu Allah,
1) The obligatory Tawaf al-Ziyarah would be the main issue for a menstruating woman. If she is on her menses on the 10th of Dhul Hijjah to the time she has to travel, this would be a problem as she has to be in a state of purity to do the Tawaf.
No, we can’t say it’s preferred to avoid one’s menses in order to do more ‘ibadah; menses are a natural occurrence and avoiding what must be avoiding during menses is worship itself.
2) A woman on her menses is prohibited from entering any masjid, this would include the Prophet’s Mosque, (peace and blessings of Allah upon him).
3) Sunblock that has no scent/perfume is permissible.
BarakAllahu feek, please remember us in your duas during your blessed journey, may Allah ta’ala make it easy for you and blessed.
Checked & Approved by Faraz Rabbani