Sometimes while praying my intention is not confined properly in my prayer? How should I direct

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Qibla.com

Answered by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

Sometimes while praying my intention is not confined properly in my prayer? How should I direct my mind towards God in prayer?

Answer:
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Walaikum assalam wa rahmatullah,

1. Recent answer on the fiqh of intentions on the Hanafi Fiqh list (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hanafi).

2. Make a dua before praying, asking Allah to help you direct your heart and mind towards Him.

3. Prepare properly for prayer, following the proper manners that Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) taught us—see relevant chapters of Imam Nawawi’s Riyad al-Salihin.

4. Busy yourself with remembrance of Allah outside prayer, and you will find presence of heart inside and outside prayer.

And Allah alone gives success.

Wassalam,

Faraz Rabbani

This answer was indexed from Qibla.com, which used to have a repository of Islamic Q&A answered by various scholars. The website is no longer in existence. It has now been transformed into a learning portal with paid Islamic course offering under the brand of Kiflayn.

Find more answers indexed from: Qibla.com