Getting involved in haraam during pregnancy

Q: I m worried for a friend of mine. She is pregnant. Last week I met her. I was looking at her new mobile suddenly I saw she save some porn movies on that mobile. I was shocked. When I asked her she said O I don’t know and delete that. I came home she called me next day and said that yes she watched that but now she will not watch it again. I said ok but I want to ask that this act of watching such movies can effect her unborn child? If the child is born, what kind of person he/she will be? Guide me I am very worried for her.

A: Involvement in haraam and sin can prove harmful and have adverse effects on the child. However if one sincerely repents and amends their ways, we have hope that Allah Ta’ala will forgive them and bless them with pious offspring.