Q: These are the few questions I have in mind:
1. Why does Islam have the concept of Jihad? Is it necessary?
2. Are Islamic Laws compatible in today’s world? Why?
3. Does Islam disrespect women?
1. A Muslim cannot ask these types of questions. All he needs to knows is that is this the command of Allah or not. He cannot ask why. He can only ask is it compulsory. Like you can’t ask why is namaaz compulsory or why is zakaat compulsory.
2. Today’s laws are not compatible to the world. They all need to be reviewed and corrected. Islam is the natural logical obvious law. However through continuous corruption and perversion people begin to see the wrong as right. Hence the cure for perversion and corruption is not to apply a corrupt law; rather correct the mindset and thinking. When the understanding is correct then obviously the law is agreeable and acceptable.
3. Islam is second to none in showing respect to women. Every other culture has reduced women to a money making commodity; when advertising any product then no matter how big or small but the marketing strategy is to have the picture of an attractive woman. Hence, they have thrown the respect that was due to a woman out of the window.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)