The punishment for usurping a small amount of wealth

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by HadithAnswers.com

Question

What is the authenticity of the following narration?

يؤخذ بدانق قسط سبعمائة صلاة مقبولة ، وتعطى للخصم

Answer

Imam ‘Abdul Karim ibn Hawazin Al Qushayri (rahimahullah) -demise: 465 A.H- has cited this without any chain. He has also cited it using the words ‘وقيل’ i.e. It has been said, without attributing the statement to Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) nor to any of the salaf.

(At Tahbir fit Tadhkir, Sharhu Asmaillahil Husna, pg. 73. Also see: At Tadhkirah of Imam Qurtubi, vol. 2 pg. 69)

I have not come across a chain nor have I come across who this statement is attributed to.

Translation

For one sixth of a dirham [which was usurped], seven hundred accepted Salahs will be taken away and given to the the wronged party

And Allah Ta’ala Knows best.

Answered by: Moulana Suhail Motala

Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar

This answer was collected from HadithAnswers.com. The answers were either answered or checked by Moulana Haroon Abasoomar (rahimahullah) who was a Shaykhul Hadith in South Africa, or by his son, Moulana Muhammad Abasoomer (hafizahullah), who is a Hadith specialist. 

Find more answers indexed from: HadithAnswers.com