A du’a seeking protection from the evil of various limbs

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by HadithAnswers.com

What is the reference for this du’a?

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ سَمْعِي، وَمِنْ شَرِّ بَصَرِي، وَمِنْ شَرِّ لِسَانِي، وَمِنْ شَرِّ قَلْبِي، وَمِنْ شَرِّ مَنِيِّي

Answer

Imam Tirmidhi, Imam Abu Dawud (rahimahumallah) and others have recorded this du’a which Nabi  (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) taught to a Sahabi.

(Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 3492 and Sunan Abi Dawud, Hadith: 1546)

Transliteration

Allahumma inni a’udhu bika min sharri sam’i wa min sharri basari wa min sharri lisani wa min sharri qalbi wa min sharri maniyyi

Translation

O Allah!  I seek refuge in You from the evil of my hearing, the evil of my sight, the evil of my tongue, the evil of my heart, and the evil of my [private part].

And Allah Ta’ala Knows best.

Answered by: Moulana Suhail Motala

Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar

Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar

This answer was collected from HadithAnswers.com. The answers were either answered or checked by Moulana Haroon Abasoomar (rahimahullah) who was a Shaykhul Hadith in South Africa, or by his son, Moulana Muhammad Abasoomer (hafizahullah), who is a Hadith specialist. 

Find more answers indexed from: HadithAnswers.com