Can a couple reconcile after three talaqs been given

Answered by: Moulana Muhammad Imad Ali

Question

I have a question to ask. My husband pronounced to me three divorce in anger but after a day he sent me a divorce deed with three written divorce does it become irrevocable instantly or is there any chance of reconciliation within 90 days…

Answer

The jurists have categorised anger into three stages:

1. The initial stage of anger where one’s mind is sound and fully in control of what one is saying. In such a case talaq will occur without any doubt.

2. Extreme anger to the point of insanity, where one is unaware of where he is or what he is saying. In such a case talaq will not occur.

3. Finally, that stage which is between the above two stages in that one was extremely angry but not to the point of insanity and was aware of what one was saying. In this case, also, talaq will also occur. (Raddul-Muhtar P452 V4)

Three Talaqs in this situation has occurred and you would be unable to reconcile with your husband unless Halalah is done.

Only Allah knows best.

Written by Moulana Muhammad Imad Ali

Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah

Darul Ifta Birmingham

This answer was collected from DarulIftaBirmingham.co.uk, which is run under the supervision of Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah from the United Kingdom.

Find more answers indexed from: DarulIftaBirmingham