Reward for greeting twenty people a day

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by HadithAnswers.com

I would like to ask if the following is from an authentic Hadith:

“Allah Ta’ala makes Jannat obligatory upon one who makes the salam twenty times a day.”

Answer

Imam Tabarani (rahimahullah) has recorded this Hadith on the authority of Sayyiduna ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar (radiyallahu’anhuma), with a very weak chain.

(Al-Mu’jamul Kabir, Hadith: 14116 and Majma’uz zawwaid, vol.8 pg.30)

However, there are other authentic Hadiths that promise Jannah for those who spread the salam, like the one in Sahih Muslim, Hadith: 192.

‘You will not enter Jannah until you have [complete] Iman, and you will not have [complete] Iman until you have mutual love.

Let me show you such an action, if you carry out, you will attain mutual love; spread the salam amongst you.’

And Allah Ta’ala Knows best,

Answered by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar

Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar

This answer was collected from HadithAnswers.com. The answers were either answered or checked by Moulana Haroon Abasoomar (rahimahullah) who was a Shaykhul Hadith in South Africa, or by his son, Moulana Muhammad Abasoomer (hafizahullah), who is a Hadith specialist. 

Find more answers indexed from: HadithAnswers.com