What is the status of this narration?
Sayyidah ‘Aaishah (radiyallahu ‘anha) reports that Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:
“Six people are such that I have cursed and Allah Ta’ala has cursed, and the du’a of every Nabi is answered;
- The one who adds to the book of Allah Ta’ala (from his own side)
- The one who rejects taqdir
- One who rules over my ummah with oppression, trying to bring disgrace to those whom Allah Ta’ala has honoured, and trying to bring honour to those whom Allah Ta’ala has disgraced
- The one who regards halal what Allah Ta’ala has declared haram
- One who seeks to break the sanctity of my family which Allah Ta’ala has made haram
- The one who forsakes my Sunnah”
Imam Tirmidhi (rahimahullah) and others have recorded this Hadith on the authority of Sayyidah ‘Aaishah (radiyallahu ‘anha).
(Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 2154)
This Hadith is suitable to quote and has also been declared authentic by Imam Ibn Hibban and Imam Hakim (rahimahumallah).
(Sahih ibn Hibban; Al Ihsan, Hadith: 5749, Mustadrak Hakim, vol. 2 pg. 525. Also see Majma’uz Zawaid, vol. 1 pg. 176)
And Allah Ta’ala Knows best.
Answered by: Moulana Suhail Motala
Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar
Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar