Etiquettes of dua
In the name of Allah, the most Beneficent, the most Merciful.
It is a sunnah of the Prophet of Allah Sallallahu Alahi Wasalam to make dua after Salah. It is a time when ones dua is accepted. In order for our dua to be accepted by Allah (SWA) it is important that we keep in mind some etiquettes of dua.
- It is preferable and desirable to make dua quietly however, if there is a need to teach people the relevant duas then it will be permissible to say it loudly. (Fathul Baree p.269 v.2)
- It is desirable to read duruud shareef at the beginning and ending of the dua. (Aapke Masaail p.283 v.3)
- It is a sunnah of the Prophet of Allah Sallallahu Alahi Wasalam to raise your hands in dua. (Fatawa Mahmoodiyah p.241 v.10)
- One should raise his hands to his chest and it is preferable that there is a small gap between the hands. (Fatawa Rahimiyah p.304 v.4)
- If one is doing dua behind the Imam it is desirable to say Ameen after each dua. (Fatawa Mahmoodiyah p.261 v.10)
Only Allah Knows Best
Mohammed Tosir Miah
Darul Ifta Birmingham