Answered by: Mufti Muhammad Afzal Hussain
I neglected prayers for many many years. Now I am praying regularly, how can I compensate these neglected prayers and can I pray them in forbidden times … for example can I pray them after Fajr and before shurooq and other forbidden times of day
In the name of Allah the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
Allah said: “Surely, Salah is an obligation on the believers that is tied up with time.” (4:103)
Allama Muhammad Yousuf Ludhyanabi Mentioned in his book “Apke Masaeel Ka Haal” that, there is no Salah in three times neither Qada nor Nafl.
(1) The time of the rising of the sun till it has risen high in the sky.
(2)The time when the sun is at the zenith till it moves down.
(3) The time in the evening when the sun has turned yellow till it sets.
There is no permission to pray these three times. (vol:1, page:243)
Avoidable times for Nafl Salah are:
- Salah other than the two units of Fajr Sunnah after the appearance of the true dawn.
- After performing the obligatory FajrSalah till the sun rises high in the morning.
- After the obligatory AsrSalah till the sunsets.
But offering Qada prayers are allowed in above mentioned three times.
[See: Apke Masaeel ka Haal, vol:1, page: 243]
Only Allah knows best
Answered by Mufti Muhammad Afzal Hussain
Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah
Darul Ifta Birmingham