1

Doubts of Mani and Madhi after Wet Dream

Prev Question
Next Question

Answered by: Maulana Mujahid Hussain​

Question

Sometimes I get up and I do not remember I have a wet dream or I have a normal dream and I find on my clothes small white drops, is it wadhy? Do I have to do ghusl?

If one has not a wet dream and has a madhi emission, has he do ghusl?

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيْم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful 

Answer

The main thing is what you see when you wake up.  If the small white drops are thick in nature and Strong in colour then most likely its Mani. In that case, Ghusal is Wajib. If the white drops are thin in nature and dim in colour then its Madhi and Ghusal is not wajib.[1]Only wudu is required for Wadhy and Madhi.

Only Allah Knows Best

Written by Maulana Mujahid Hussain

Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah 

Darul Ifta Birmingham

[1]Radul-Muktaarvolume  1 pages 159 and 160 Darul-Fikr print

(قَوْلُهُ: وَمَنِيُّهُ أَبْيَضُ إلَخْ) وَأَيْضًا مَنِيُّهُ خَاثِرٌ

(قَوْلُهُ: كَمُحْتَلِمٍ) فَإِنَّهُ لَا لَذَّةَ لَهُ يَقِينًا لِفَقْدِ إدْرَاكِهِ ط فَتَأَمَّلْ. وَقَالَ الرَّحْمَتِيُّ: أَيْ إذَا رَأَى الْبَلَلَ وَلَمْ يُدْرِكْ اللَّذَّةَ؛ لِأَنَّهُ يُمْكِنُ أَنَّهُ أَدْرَكَهَا ثُمَّ ذَهِلَ عَنْهَا فَجُعِلَتْ اللَّذَّةُ حَاصِلَةً حُكْمًا

This answer was collected from DarulIftaBirmingham.co.uk, which is run under the supervision of Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah from the United Kingdom.