1

Ruling for seeing unusual discharge after end of haidh

Answered by:  Alimah Sumeyye Sofu

Question:

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah

I had my periods ended a day ago. Then today when I woke up I found a thin thread-like discharge with some water so should I do ghusl. I don’t know if it is madhy and the quantity of water was little more than a coin but the threaded discharge was less…so what should I do? I should do ghusl?

Answer:

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Assalamualaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

If there are discharge-free days between two separate bleeding days and all these days combined, total 3-10 days, then this will haidh. This is because Haidh is according to the first and last day of bleeding. (Shaykh Mufti Saiful Islam Ask a mufti v.2 p.285 JNK Publications)

It could be possible that your haidh ended with this discharge. Take ghusl and please keep in contact with me regarding your future discharges. So that we can clearly set your haidh days.

Only Allah knows best

Written by Alimah Sumeyye Sofu

Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah

Dārul Iftā Birmingham

This answer was collected from DarulIftaBirmingham.co.uk, which is run under the supervision of Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah from the United Kingdom.