Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Darulifta-Deoband.com » How can I marry the woman I love and seek forgiveness from Allah for our sins?

How can I marry the woman I love and seek forgiveness from Allah for our sins?

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Darulifta-Deoband.com
As Salamu Alaikum I am a Sunni Muslim. I met a wife of a non-Muslim. She was physically tortured by her husband. To get rid of that situation, I helped her. Her husband came to know. Situation became worse. Ultimately, they got divorced. In between, I fall in love with her and commit illegal sexual intercourse with her 3-4 times. After that I felt the guilt. In the shake of that, I became religious and ask forgiveness from Allah. She reverted to Muslim and became religious too. We both got 100 lashes as per hadith each. I want to marry her so that Allah may forgive both of us for the gravest sin. But my family is in strict opposition. Her parents have no objection. To perform Namaz and Roza and to follow Islam, she is staying in hostel. If she returns to her home, she cannot follow Islam. She has no earnings. As I did not marry her still, her parents is blaming Muslim and force her to go back to her previous husband. Please suggest me. Allah Hafiz


(Fatwa: 933/853=L/1429)

You can marry the woman if she has embraced Islam considering it true. But, before embarking upon nikah, you must get the consent of the parents. It is not good to marry without their consent.

Allah (Subhana Wa Ta’ala) knows Best

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

This answer was collected from the official ifta website of Darul Uloom Deoband in India.