My company has also enrolled all the employees for medical insurance which covers … to me by my company as i work for them?

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Darulifta Deoband Waqf
Ref. No. 37 / 1036

My company has also enrolled all the employees for medical insurance which covers hospitalization charges for me and my family members including my parents. Since i am working for the company and my work does not involves any interest work, it is just a customer support call center. In this case can I use the medical insurance covered by company for me and my family taking it as a benefit given to me by my company as i work for them?

Answer:

Ref. No. 37 / 1033

In the name of Allah the most Gracious the most Merciful

The answer to your question is hereunder:

Medical insurance is based on interest and gambling. So, one is not allowed to benefit from such as interest-based scheme.

And Allah knows best

Darul Ifta

Darul Uloom Waqf Deoband

This answer was collected from the official website of Darul Uloom Deoband Waqf. The institution is based in India and the answers are provided in accordance to the Hanafi Fiqh.

Find more answers indexed from: Darulifta Deoband Waqf