Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Askimam.org » Is it permissible to make Hijrah from my country (Uzbekistan) to UK, which provides more rights to Muslims than my own Country?

Is it permissible to make Hijrah from my country (Uzbekistan) to UK, which provides more rights to Muslims than my own Country?

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Askimam.org

1. I live in Uzbekistan, a country where most peoply are ethnically muslims, but of them do not pray and the country is not ruled according to Shariah, Uzbekistan is a secular country. Moreover, Muslims are oppressed here by the government, the university where I study dosn’t provide the opportunity to go to Juma Salat. the question is: IS IT PERMISSEBLE TO GO AND STUDY TO UK, WHICH IS A NON-MUSLIM COUNTRY, BUT NEVERTHELESS PROVIDES MORE RIGHTS TO MUSLIMS THAN MY OWN COUNTRY? WOULDN’T BE THAT CONSIDERED ACCEPTING THE RULINGS OTHER THAN SHARIAH (I MEAN CAN A MUSLIM GO AND LIVE IN A NON-MUSLIM COUNTRY)? 



In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh. 

1. Alhamdulillah, it is encouraging to note your love and concern to practice on Deen. While it is permissible for a person to make hijrah to a non-muslim country to be able to freely practice Islam, you should consider remaining in your country and change the condition of the people there. Encourage your friends and family to learn and practice Deen and encourage others to do same. Dawah has the potential and barakah to change the environment and made it suitable for muslims to practice on Deen. If a few brothers like yourself dedicate yourselves to education dawah, InshAllah, the results will be positive. Leaving the place and making hijrah will never bring about change. The sacrifice for remaining in Uzbekistan and changing the conditions there will be more rewarding than making hijrah.

2. One does not have to make ghusl to perform salah. Ghusl is made only when one is in the state of major impurity , for example one has a  wet dream or has conjugal relationship with his wife . To perform salah one need to make wudu only.

Abu Ali ad-Dagestani

Moscow, Russia

Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai

This answer was collected from Askimam.org, which is operated under the supervision of Mufti Ebrahim Desai from South Africa.

Read answers with similar topics: