I saw a brown spot on Saturday 13/10/2007 and then nothing till Thursday 18/10/2007 when I started bleeding. I was supposed to have my ghusl by Tuesday 23/10/2007 but bled till Thursday 25/10/2007. Pad was clear for two namaaz times and then saw white discharge at 09:00 am on Friday 26/10/2007 and later saw yellow discharge at 13:00 pm Friday 26/10/2007.
1. Normal cycle, haidh comes after every 15 to 18 days. Haidh itself is 10 days.
2. I am mazoor. Normally have a yellowish discharge continuously.
3. Salaat was not performed from Saturday 13/10/2007 when I saw the brown spot. Normally after seeing the brown spot I start bleeding a day or two thereafter.
1. Which days are regarded as days of haidh?
2. When will I consider my haidh as being commenced? When I see the brown discharge or from the time I start bleeding?
3. Does my haidh terminate when I see a white discharge after bleeding has stopped?
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatoh
The period between Saturday and Thursday until you started bleeding will not be haidh. Haidh will be from the time you started bleeding on Thursday till ten days. The yellow discharge thereafter will be Istihaadah. You will follow the rules of a mazoor during Istihaadah.
And Allah knows best
Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Darul Iftaa, Madrassah In’aamiyyah