Answer: If there is a need for more than one Masjid in a locality then it would be permissible to build another one. In fact, it is advisable to have a Masjid or place of worship (Ibaadat Khana) in every suburb/locality/Mahalla, so that it is easy for everyone to perform Salaat at the nearest Masjid or Musallah.
Is it permissible for people to build/erect another Masjid/Musallah in the same area to accommodate the Muslim community?
This Q&A was collected from the official web portal of Academy of Research in Islamic Jurisprudence (Arij) from Canada, which was headed by Mufti Ibrahim Kureshi and Mufti Zakariyya Panchbhaya. As the original website is no longer accessible, we have provided a source link of each answer to the archive copy from Way Back Machine.
- As salamwalaikum, Mufti saheb i asked this question before also but no reply for me.if a hindu women is married to hindu man and she converted to islam and married to muslim man immediately after conversion. 1)should she follow iddat after coverting to islam or she can marry any muslim man immediately. 2)if she marry muslim man immediately is the child born through this nikah is llegitamate or illegitimate? 3)is this type of nikah valid in which a man leaves his first wife and children at streets and marry other hindu women only because they are in love.and do not give a single penny to his first child as second women will not like him to give his child any money for food,shelter,clothes,education etc? Pls mufti saheb answer my quries as i and my child are lying on street because my husband married a hindu women only for love and sawab?
- Can a person use toothpaste in the state of Ihraam?
- Can a Muslim woman study in a foreign country if she is accompanied by a Mahram
- Looking at one’s aunt’s breast
- Should I Return a Christmas Gift?
- I am in marriage but my husband has gone abroad and he does not call me I don’t know anything about him. I normally see him on Facebook with his girlfriend. I am staying with other people. They are treating me like an animal. I need advice please because I am going crazy.
- Marital problem: Please help me answer the questions above as I feel restless and insecure as to where I stand in regards to my deen.