- When you perform Tawaf, and your wudhu breaks, do you have repeat the entire Tawaf?
- If not, can you complete the number rounds left?
- Is Wudhu necessary for Safah Marvah, and Tawaf?
- I have shared the good news with many people, that I am going for Umrah, but my heart is uneasy as it feels like, I am doing riya, when people compliment how fortunate, that I am going for the fourth time, and to Masjid Al-Aqsah, it does make me feel proud. Is this double feeling/intention riya, or waswasa?
الجواب وبالله التوفيق
- The ruling in this situation is that if during tawaf wudhu becomes invalidated after the fourth lap then the remaining tawaf should be continued from this point onwards after making wudhu. It is afzal(preferred and liked) that one performs the tawaf from scratch in such a situation and if wudhu became invalidated after the fourth lap it is up to the person’s choice if he continues from scratch or from fifth lap onwards. کتاب النوازل، ص 396، ج7
- Being in the state of wudhu is a binding condition for the validity of tawaf. However while performing sa‘ee between safah and marwah being in a state of wudhu is not mandatory. معلم الحجاج، ص 171
- If you had an intention to do riya while informing people, then you should repent from Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta‘ala. It can be a waswasa has well however asking for Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta‘ala’s forgiveness is better.
واللہ اعلم بالصواب