Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Qibla.com » Newspaper delivery

Newspaper delivery

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Qibla.com

Answered by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

Am I allowed to work as a newspaper deliverer, knowing that neewspapers contain unislamic advertising?

Answer:
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Walaikum assalam wa rahmatullah,

I pray this finds you in the best of health and spirits.

It is permitted to deliver newspapers, even if they contain the impermissible. It would, however, be one’s moral duty to dislike the impermissible. And basic piety entails avoiding the delivery of things openly obscene and immoral (like pornography.)

The criterion, in the Hanafi school, for whether a particular line of work is permissible returns, above all, to what one is doing. If one’s own work (such as delivery) is in itself permitted, then a sin resulting from someone else’s resultant action would not make one’s work impermissible.

Please use the search engine at http://qa.SunniPath.com for answers on “assisting in sin” for details.

And Allah alone gives success.

Faraz Rabbani

This answer was indexed from Qibla.com, which used to have a repository of Islamic Q&A answered by various scholars. The website is no longer in existence. It has now been transformed into a learning portal with paid Islamic course offering under the brand of Kiflayn.