My brother goes out at night with friends and comes home late

Q: My brother goes out at night with friends and comes home late, it happens quite often and he  doesnt pay much attention to his wife or daughter, whenever we tell him not to go or stop him he argues and fights. Please mufti saab could you help us by telling us what could we do to stop him?

A: We advise you to refer the matter to a pious Aalim who has some acquaintance with your brother and ask him to explain to your brother his marital responsibilities and obligations. Alternatively you may contact the local jamaat brothers and ask them to speak to him and encourage him to join their programmes. Insha Allah in this way through remaining in pious company and associating with Ulama’ he will become more responsible.