Making dua for one’s deceased father

Q: At times I used to be harsh with my father but I asked him to forgive me because I never meant it and he said that he forgot and don’t care about those times. After few days he passed away, I asked Allah to forgive me as my father forgave me. What am I supposed to do now as sometimes I am haunted by those thoughts.

A: There is no need to be haunted. Make dua for him regularly and be good to his friends and his family. Insha Allah, Allah Ta`ala will count you among those who were obedient and good to your father.