Making dua for one’s deceased father

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: At times I used to be harsh with my father but I asked him to forgive me because I never meant it and he said that he forgot and don’t care about those times. After few days he passed away, I asked Allah to forgive me as my father forgave me. What am I supposed to do now as sometimes I am haunted by those thoughts.


A: There is no need to be haunted. Make dua for him regularly and be good to his friends and his family. Insha Allah, Allah Ta`ala will count you among those who were obedient and good to your father.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest