Lineage of a child whose mother is involved in an illicit relationship

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I am married and by mistake had an affair with a guy. Now I am pregnant and that guy forces me to continue the relationship otherwise he will claim for that baby from me. Please tell me what should I do now. Here I need to clear that I am not sure that the baby is from that guy or from my husband. I seek forgivness of Allah for the sin and I pray to Allah that the baby belongs to my husband. Please help me in this issue.


A: End the relationship immediately and make taubah.

According to the shariah, the child will be from your husband.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!