Wife cooking for her in-laws

Q: My married son and his wife says that there is no duty of the daughter in law to make food for the father in law, mother in law and brother/sister in laws. Even it is not her duty to make food for her husband, rather it is the duty of the husband to provide food for his wife and they claim that this is the law of shariah. My question is, do they get married only to fulfill their sexual needs and bear children? What does shariah say in this regard?

A: There are two level of rights, one is obligatory rights. In the obligatory rights the wife is not entitled to any medical allowance, just two pairs of clothing for the entire year and she does not deserve to be taken out anywhere. The husband can just provide her with flour and he will be fulfilling her rights.