Q: I have a few questions regarding a late comer joining salaah:
1.Is it important to recite sana once you standup to complete your prayer?
2. What if sana was recited when the person joined in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th rakaat
3. Due to misunderstanding and following someone, if a person follows a different procedure to complete the missed rakaats in salaah for a couple of years and now he comes to know correct Hanafi procedure, will his passed salaahs be valid?
4. Is the below procedure correct as per Hanafi mazhab: If a person joins jamaat salaah and says salaam at the end of the 2nd rakaat and after salam he stands up and doesnt read sana and treats this rakat as the 4th rakaat. He only recites surah fatiha and completes his salah. Is his salaah valid or does he have to stand up recite sana, surah fatiha and a surah to complete his salah?
2. You should read the thanaa when you stand up to perform the missed rakaat.
3. If it was in conformity with the broad principles of the hanafi mazhab then the salaah will be valid.
4. Yes. However, he should not repeat this.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)