Q: I am doing research for a Madrasah assignment and would like to know:
1. What is the status of adolescence in Islam?
2. What is the Islamic law regarding adolescence and dealing with the opposite gender?
3. What advice should be given to adolescents?
1. When you become of age, like puberty then all the laws of shariah become binding on you. One becomes responsible for the commands and prohibitions.
2. They have the right to marry the opposite gender, obviously after consultation with their parents.
3. Get married.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)