1. Under what conditions can a married woman seek employment outside the home?
2. If a woman does work, what rights does her husband have over how she spends her money? What rights does a wife have over how her husband spends his money?
3. Please confirm what are specific things that a man is required to spend on with regards to his wife that fulfills the decrees of Quraan, Sunnah, Shariah etc.
1. Women should remain within the home. There are so many women who work from within the home and make a good earning for themselves. Try and Allah will guide you insha-Allah.
2. Her money is her wealth. She has the right to manage her wealth as she pleases.
She has got no right in coercing him or forcing him to spend his wealth in any particular manner.
3. Primarily he is required to spend on her food, clothing and shelter.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)