1. Is it permissible to hold the Quran in one’s hand in Salah for reading so that one can read unknown surahs after sure fateha.
2. Is it permissible to read the whole tarawih prayers (alone) and in other prayers.
3. If not, could you please tell me why we should not do it.
4. Why do people in the haram hold the Quran in their hand and read or read from the phone in their salah.
1. It is not permissible.
3. This ruling has been explained by the Fuqahaa. The Fuqahaa are those experts in Deen who have deduced the masaail from the Qur’an and Hadith.
4. It is not permissible according to the Hanafi mazhab. However, it is permissible according to other mazhabs.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Zakaria Makada
Checked & Approved:
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)