Getting married without the permission of one’s father

Q: If I have married someone without my father’s permission, is it valid? There were people who were present during the marriage but I don’t know them. Hanafi mazhab allows it but in Tirmidhi, its against this type of marriage. Why is it? What should I do now if I got married like this without knowing. Should I get married with him again with my father’s permission?

A: We cannot say exactly because we do not know the person you got married to, is he your equal or not. If he is not your equal in matters that the shariah requires equality then the marriage is subject to your father’s permission.