Sincere repentance and Tawbah

Q: Please advice me on the best way to seek sincere repentance for all my past sins in my life?I feel ashamed and remorseful.

A: Sincerely repent to Allah Ta’ala from the bottom of your heart and make a firm resolve that you will not return to the sins you had committed. However it should be borne in mind that taubah has three basic elements: (1) To discharge all past obligations, be it to Allah Ta’ala or to people. (2) To resolve never to commit those sins again. (3) To express remorse for the wrongs that have been committed.